Sunday, December 3

My Seventh Sem Exams

So this year I had a simply great time during my exams,

It starts with a trip to Gokarna. Read all about it in the previous post. I got conned into it by that usual go-with-the-flow live-in-the-moment philosophy and all. In any case since It was only the beginning of how I decimated any chance of a 9 GPa this semester in hindsight it wasn't a big thing going for it.

So meanwhile I had made a kind of pledge that I wouldn't watch a movie till the hols. Should have kept it. It all started with Cinema Paradiso, touted by Brat for a long time. Curiosity got the better of me and I got down to see what all the fuss was about. Once the pledge lay in tatters a flood followed. I watched on average three movies a day till my exams got over. Not to mention finished a few series here and there.

Luckily the exams were fairly simple, so I could survive with a possible BB in most.

I didn't start MEMS until 12 midnight, and the exam was at ten the next morning. At nine I find out that the news was a mistake, the exams already started! I rush to the exam hall and nothings begun, except the appraisal form. Anyway it was a patheticly simlpe exam so I was happy my goofing off didn't cost me. Well it cost me a possible AA to a BB maybe, because in simple exams I do unnnecessarily badly compared to others. Anyway... as long as my grade doesn't turn off potential admissions to US unis, I couldn't care less.

The last exam was Finite Element Methods, which was basically a stick up my rear end. I suppose by the law of averages it was bound to happen sometime. Apparently it was a uniform phenomenon, so I didn't feel guilty of the three movies last night.

You see, when I prepare for an exam, I don't aim to max the paper or anything. Those days are gone forever, like school maths. I don't even want to beat everyone else. I just want to be able to attempt the paper in a decent fashion, I shouldn't be caught unawares. That amounts to a casual once-over of the notes/text and maybe a sum or two if I have the josh. A nd yeah, I do worry about grades, I just don't want a 7, that's not healthy for applying abroad. I can't be motivated enough to aim higher, it just doesn't work... I lose interest very fast in exams, and end up leaving marks purely because I couldn't be bothered to break my head over a memory-based question. Or a sad paper. Sure, this is a cocky/costly/foolish attitude but that's who I am.

I'd rather watch a movie :)

In seven days:
A Scanner Darkly
Amores Perros
Cinema Paradiso
Black Hawk Down
Kingdom of Heaven
Torque
X Men III
Road Trip
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Dazed and Confused
Secret Window
Malena
October Sky
Pyaar ke Side Effects
The Skeleton Key
What Women Want
Amelie
Chasing Liberty
Eyes Wide Shut
Trainspotting

No comments: