Sunday, December 10

Home... Again

It feels great to be home. I've been taking it easy since I got back home, not rushing through anything. The ride home was bumpy, espacially because I was sharing the berth with my guitar and laptop. My back hurt all night and to top it all some insanely chatty couple was across the aisle talking as if they were on honeymoon on some mediterranean island.

I reach Bangalore by around seven in the morning and it takes them two hours to drop me near home from then on. Mom made breakfast after which I had a nice hot bath. Been a long while since I did that, like a month.

My Grandmom's come down from Mumbai. Sat down and chatted about my family for a long time. It's great to have her down in a way, inspite of her conservative outlook, 'cos I learn a lot about what the others are doing, especially my cousins.

Meanwhile there are a lot of small chores to be done, like unpacking, cleaning out the cupboard, dishwashing etc. For some reason I don't hate doing all that as much as I used to. Apart from that I strummed the guitar. Fingers were really feeling loose for some reason. It was nice, could really pick up some speed while maintaining clarity. Not too fast, beacause soon I start hitting bum notes. Picked up a few notes from a Dream Theater song, not completely accurate. Need to do a lot to train my ear.

Now its the afternoon. Think I'll go get my bike out of the garage, or maybe just sleep. Will go out and catch the jazz/blues/rock stuff supposedly happening at Prominent Cafe Coffee Day outlets.

No comments: