Saturday, July 21

The Law of Averages

Hmmmm well so today I went to work because the PhD student K in charge of the lab I work in and I had to go shopping for stuff we needed. Unfortunately, we weren't buying 5K shoes and cool threads in upmarket malls, we were buying bearings and teeny ICs from low, way low, Market. SP Road actually.

The catch was A had called us all home for lunch and her place was nearby the last stop on our route. So I thought I'd take the bike with K and go, but somewhere in Sheshadripuram life decided to even the odds and my tyre went flat.

So anyway, I abandon my bike and we head of by rick to do all the shopping. I will someday write about the wonder that is SP Road. For now, there are other things happening. Shopping takes us a good three hours. We had a long list.

After the last stop I head off to A's place and a whole load of people are there, generally chatting. S is leaving for Arizona tomorrow and that was kind of the reason we were meeting up anyway. Oh wtf, so that was Sunaad. Shruthi had also come down for two days all the way from Jhansi. Yeah, Jhansi. Even I was surprised.

I left pretty soon after lunch, because I had to go rescue my poor little bike who'd been left all alone in a crowded noisy spot. I finally had to travel by BMTC bus to sheshadripuram. Luckily got a direct bus, which wasn't crowded. Somehow I find my way back to the bike, and have to lug it all the way to the nearest mechanic, and that wasn't too near.

Now, Goodyear was a genius who made life SO much better when he put that little hose on his kide's bike. Cos it's a royal pain to lug a bike with a flat tyre. The last time I had a flat I asked for it, cos I went and said 'You know, I've never had to suffer a flat tyre,' two days before it happened. While this guy is fixing the tube, some joker bumps into my bike and sends it crashing on its side. The result of that was a smashed right rearview mirror. Sigh. Well anyway, after much trials and tribulations I'm back in IISc running simulations and writing this stuff.

Yeah so now I'm wondering why anyone would actually still be reading till this line.

Ah yes, picked up Rosemary's Baby from A's place. Err, that's the name of a book.
I'm off to enjoy the weekend, hopefully, bbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

peeka-boo!
=)