Tuesday, July 31

Grey sky, Dark green trees. Spacious government property. Black, wet tar. Fading yellow lines. Miles of metal. Rain drops all around.

It's very quiet. All of us lost in thought, finding 'space' in a traffic jam near Raj Bhavan. Some grumble, some fret, some dream... some remember.

I'm hunched on my kiney. One hand resting on my knee, the other clutches the right brake. I stare at the floor of my kiney's leg space. head hangs down, my visor lifted a little, so that I can breathe freely.

Two drops run down the right edge of the visor. I imagine them, gleefully squealing, eyes shut, teeth showing, hanging tight to the edge. The rush of speed.

Suddenly they reach the tip, and are launched adrift. In an instant gravity claims them. They stare back up, at me, bewildered. They realize, and their face begins to bear that classic reaction to betrayal... 'Why?'

They hit the floor, disintegrating. I imagine them, closing their eyes just before impact, trying to block out the pain. How did they know, without looking? Their eyes shoot open, and they're gone.

A distant rumble. Movement begins. The engines begin to roar, one by one. I smile as the wave passes me, my engine throbbing to life with the press of a button.

2 comments:

billy_cat said...

splish. splash.

-snatch.

Anonymous said...

=)

i'm glad you write.